Junior Project Designer – Calgary
Gas Drive is the authorized distributor and service provider, on behalf of GE’s Gas Engines, of Waukesha gas-fuelled engines and parts in Canada, the northern United States, Alaska, Australia, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea. As well as the authorized distributor of Jenbacher engines and parts in Canada. We have over 500 people whose energy and drive are the hallmarks of what makes Gas Drive an industry leader. We are rapidly expanding our operations and are always looking for talented people.
We’ll match your skills and can-do attitude with a position that challenges you, rewards you for outstanding performance, and lets you grow over a life-long career.
As a member of a multi-disciplinary engineering and sales team in a fast paced, time sensitive environment, the Junior Project Designer will be responsible for the design of P&ID’s and fabrication prints for both standardized and custom power generation packages. The Designer is expected to deal with different stake holders including sales personnel, suppliers, service providers and customer representatives.
With a foundation of integrity, the candidate would use commitment and creativity to drive our organization forward.
- Assist in the development of power generation package designs for inclusion into quotations
- Assist in the development of standardized power generation package designs, including all required P&ID’s, engineering and fabrication drawings
- Assist in the development of custom power generation package designs, including all required P&ID’s, engineering and fabrication drawings
- Update Gas Drive Sales Team and GE Gas Engines regarding ongoing product initiatives
- Diploma from accredited Post-Secondary Institute (SAIT, NAIT, etc) EDDT program
- At least one year of Project Design related or equivalent experience
- Direct and relevant experience with AutoCAD Release 2010
- Direct and relevant experience with CadWorx 2010 Plant 3D design software
- Direct and relevant experience with AutoCAD Inventor Professional 2014 (or similar)
- Excellent time management, organization and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated focus on quality, accuracy and thoroughness
- A results oriented attitude with solid analytical, critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities
- Flexibility in work hours to accommodate the project schedules
What Gas Drive Offers You:
- Competitive Compensation
- Employer Paid Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Employer Matched Pension Plan
- Flex Days
- Incentive Programs
- Professional Development Opportunities
Interested: Please apply online at www.gasdriveglobal.com → Careers
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.