Enerflex is the single source supplier of integrated solutions specializing in the areas of oil and natural gas production, processing, and power generation equipment and services around the globe. With over 3,000 extraordinary people and operations in four regions around the globe, there is a world of opportunities awaiting you at Enerflex. We’ll match your skills and can-do attitude with a position that challenges you, rewards you for outstanding performance and lets you grow over a life-long career.
The purpose of the Procurement Manager includes, but is not limited to, implementing and maintaining the resources, tools and training for the department. To plan and direct the overall procurement activities, including purchasing, materials control, shipping, receiving and expediting of supplies, goods and/or services for the division’s oil sands & gas process related activities for the energy sector. This role is a member of the Senior Management Team which sets direction for this business unit.
With a foundation of integrity, the candidate would use commitment and creativity to drive our organization forward.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies to deliver a strategic advantage to the business in a values based culture.
- Overall responsibility for the purchasing, expediting, receiving,handling, storage, stock purchases, inventory control, dispensing material, unit shipments, parts shipments, inbound freight, outbound freight (as required), production buying and shop work orders.
- Negotiate all vendor partnering agreements, considering price and security of supply for a cost competitive advantage.
- Participate in business unit meetings and assist with the resolution of concerns in consultation with other departments.
- Conduct annual employee performance and progress evaluations, and make recommendations regarding employee development for the coming year. This also includes recommending salary adjustments for all department employees.
- Ensure alignment of consistent SAP procurement practices with all North American business units.
- Participate in the division’s annual budgeting activities, and be responsible for the department’s budget.
- Oversee material movement within multiple shop locations including material inventories and surplus.
- Proficient understanding of and adherence to our Quality Management Program, ASME requirements, Company Code of Business Conduct, Corporate Governance, and health and safety standards.
- 7 to 10 years of Management /Supervisory experience in purchasing, logistics and /or material control environment preferably in a oil and gas manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to function within a strategic management team.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with internal and external customers.
- Strong computer skills using Windows based software, MS Office products, and SAP.
- An understanding of mechanical and process systems with an emphasis on modular equipment.
- Knowledgeable in the supply chain industry and products associated with oil & gas production equipment.
- Membership in the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) is an asset not a requirement.
What Enerflex Offers You:
- Competitive Compensation
- Employer Paid Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program
- Flex Days
- Incentive Programs
- Professional Development Opportunities
Interested: Please apply online at www.enerflex.com Careers & Training → Current Openings
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.