Health, Safety and Environment Coordinator - C&P - Calgary NE
This is a one year term position.
Enerflex is the single source supplier for natural gas compression, oil and gas processing, refrigeration systems and power generation equipment – plus in-house engineering and mechanical service expertise. With over 2,900 extraordinary people and operations in six regions around the globe, there is a world of opportunities awaiting you at Enerflex. We’ll match your skills and can-do attitude with a position that challenges you, rewards you for outstanding performance and lets you grow over a life-long career.
The purpose of the Health Safety and Environment Coordinator includes, but is not limited to, working with the HSE team and stakeholders to develop, implement and maintain the Enerflex HSE program as well as provide HSE customer serivice internally and externally.
With a foundation of integrity, the candidate would use commitment and creativity to drive our organization forward.
- Promote and develop Health and Safety Programs to meet AB Partnerships Program (COR).
- Provide HSE support to operations to ensure regulatory compliance (OHS, NFPA, WCB) and best practices.
- Support and conduct safety inspections, accident/incident investigations and reporting, formal risk/hazard assessments and safety audits.
- Promote the awareness of hazard identification, elimination and control.
- Coordinate and conduct new employee orientation, general safety meetings, inspections and safety training.
- Participate in and facilite business unitHSEmeetings, facilitateHSECommittee.
- Promote safety to both employees and contractors.
- Proactively complete leading and lagging indicator analysis and developHSEprogram initiatives.
- Develop and train safe work practices and procedures to meet OHS legislation and industry standards.
- Coordinate HSEtraining.
- Develop and coordinate emergency preparedness program.
- AdministerHSEprogram requirements and recordkeeping.
- Audit the company production facilities regularly.
- Interact with governmental agencies and safety associates.
- Coordinate audits and remedial actions, including yearly audits as required.
- Communicate directly toHSEManager on all safety matters.
- Work effectively in a team and cross-functional environment with multiple sites.
- Post-secondary Certification or Degree.
- OHS Certification or Diploma.
- CRSP designation would be an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a manufacturing industry.
- Strong knowledge of OHS and other HSElegislation.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, Access, experience with SAP would be an asset.
Interested: Please apply online at www.enerflex.com Careers & Training → Current Openings
Please send your resume to Enerflex by October 25, 2013.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.