Mechanical Engineer, Calgary, Alberta
Gas Drive is the authorized distributor and service provider on behalf of GE’s Gas Engines, of Waukesha gas-fuelled engines and parts in Canada and the northern United States including Alaska, and of Jenbacher gas engines and parts in Canada. We have over 500 people whose energy and drive are the hallmarks of what makes Gas Drive an industry leader. We are rapidly expanding our operations and are always looking for talented people.
The Mechanical Engineer’s responsibility includes providing engineering support for gas engine power generation and gas compression projects. This would include selecting and pricing process system components ensuring standards are met, and determining maintenance scopes throughout the equipment lifecycle. He/She is expected to deal with different stake holders including sales personnel, suppliers, service providers and customer representatives.
With a foundation of integrity, the candidate would use commitment and creativity to drive our organization forward.
- Review tenders and assist with bidding
- Power generation package system design, including some CAD modeling
- Review and arrange to comply with design requirements, standards and codes
- Project management, providing customers with engine selections, sizing calculations and maintenance lifecycle analyses, including any clarifications or revisions as needed
- Compliance with maintenance contracts and power generation bid terms and conditions
- Build and update pricing models
- Maintain a database of suppliers and contacts
- Understand fundamentals of project design, product installation including installation requirements, air flow, cooling, noise attenuation, vibration and torsional information, fuel requirements, power synchronization & conversion, power grid requirements, design standards, electrical code, and control systems
- Update Gas Drive Sales Team and GE Gas Engines regarding ongoing product initiatives
- Relate pertinent information regarding the application process to GE Gas Engines
- May include the review and recommendation of maintenance scopes of power generation systems
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
- P.Eng. or EIT in Mechanical Engineering
- Solid knowledge of gas compression and power generation fundamentals
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Strong organizational, communication, business and interpersonal skills
- Experience with electric switchgear, packaging and controls would be an asset
What Gas Drive Offers You:
- Competitive Compensation
- Employer Paid Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Employer Matched Pension Plan
- Incentive Programs
- Professional Development Opportunities
Interested: Please apply online at www.gasdriveglobal.com à Careers
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.