Project Accountant – Production and Processing – Nisku, AB
Enerflex is the single source supplier of integrated solutions specializing in the areas of oil and natural gas production, processing, and power generation equipment and services around the globe. With over 3,000 extraordinary people and operations in four regions around the globe, there is a world of opportunities awaiting you at Enerflex. We’ll match your skills and can-do attitude with a position that challenges you, rewards you for outstanding performance and lets you grow over a life-long career.
The purpose of the Project Accountant is to assist with Enerflex’s Production and Process business units accounting function. This role acts as a resource for Project Managers and Department managers, assisting/guiding in the efficient execution of complex projects while ensuring accuracy and completeness of financial information.
With a foundation of integrity, the candidate would use commitment and creativity to drive our organization forward.
- Maintain projects including budget updates, project forecasts and job closures in the ERP system
- Produce client invoices while working with Project Managers,
- Reconcile work-in-progress for assigned projects,
- Work with Project Managers to collect accounts receivable including updating systems with collection notes
- Assist Accounting team in any other duties. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Preparation periodic financial statements and management reporting
- Compile and communicate various month-end analyses for PM’s and divisional management
- Monitor projects financial health and advise PM’s when conditions require attention.
- Formal education in accounting, undergraduate degree is preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience in a project accounting environment
- Skilled in cost and revenue accruals and/or deferrals;
- Understanding of the difference between job cost, capital costs and inventory
- Communication skills are fundamental (both written and verbal) as the role will have significant interaction with management and business unit leaders
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Consensus building and organizational skills
- Strong MS Office Suite experience and accounting software knowledge
- ERP software systems experience is considered an asset, preference given to SAP experience.
What Enerflex Offers You:
- Competitive Compensation
- Employer Paid Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program
- Incentive Programs
- Professional Development Opportunities
Interested: Please apply online at www.enerflex.com Careers & Training → Current Openings
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.