Manufacturing Reporting Business Analyst – Corporate – Calgary SE
Enerflex is the single source supplier of integrated solutions specializing in the areas of oil and natural gas production, processing, and power generation equipment and services around the globe. With over 3,000 extraordinary people and operations in four regions around the globe, there is a world of opportunities awaiting you at Enerflex. We’ll match your skills and can-do attitude with a position that challenges you, rewards you for outstanding performance and lets you grow over a life-long career.
The purpose of the Reporting Business Analyst is to define, support, and provide required follow-up pertaining to reporting solutions within Enerflex’s environment. A key success factor will be the ability to understand business issues and challenges and translate these into business and functional requirements. This role applies knowledge of the various reporting and business analytics tools available within Enerflex’s environment. It requires collaboraton with Business Analytics Systems Analysts to produce analytical reports and applications to meet the agreed upon functional requirements. Although SAP is a major application within the portfolio the role will also need to work with Enerflex’s other business applications and be comfortable with reports that bridge multiple systems. The reporting solutions could be delivered using a variety of tools including the SAP Business Objects suite, native SAP reports or reports produced through SQL or .Net applications. The ideal candidate will have experience in reporting on Key Performance Metrics for a custom manufacturing or fabrication business.
With a foundation of integrity, the candidate would use commitment and creativity to drive our organization forward.
Summary of duties
- Alignment with Enerflex’s core values.
- Working with key business users and department managers to understand current business problems and identify reporting opportunities.
- Documenting business and functional requirements for identified reporting opportunities.
- Coordinating business users, department managers and systems analysts to prioritze reporting opportunities.
- Working with systems analysts to analyze required data sources and the health of data as it pertains to a reporting solution.
- Working with systems analysts to design reporting solutions that best meet the identified business problem or opportunity.
- Performing and coordinating testing to ensure reporting solutions are meeting the documented business requirements.
- Working with business users and business analysts to ensure data standards that impact reporting, for both master data and transactional data, are maintained and followed.
- Support business users in the use of Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports, Dashboards, and OLAP Analytical reports.
- Analyzing report outputs and detailed data to provide additional insight and understanding of reporting outputs to users.
- Providing sound, innovative, and practicable solutions to an extensive range of problems.
- Adhere to Enerflex’s Change Management and ITPM Methodology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Information Systems / Business Administration or similar equivalency
- Minimum 5 years working as a Business Analyst with an emphasis on gathering and analyzing business requirements for Business Intelligence and reporting initiatives.
- Strong communication and Interpersonal skills with an ability to articulate complex business requirements and experience training business users.
- Experience with the Manufacturing and Mechanical Service industries.
- Proven ability to work under time constraints.
- Understanding of Business Intelligence, Analytical Reporting and Data Warehousing concepts will be considered an asset.
- Experience delivering Business Intelligence solutions using the Business Objects Suite (Crystal reports, Web Intelligence, Xcelsius, Olap Analysis) will be considered an asset.
- Understanding of both MS SQL Server and SQL will be considered an asset.
- Ability to travel, primarily within Canada and the United States.
What Does Enerflex Offer You:
- Competitive Compensation
- Employer Paid Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program
- Incentive Programs
- Professional Development Opportunities
Interested: Please apply online at www.enerflex.com Careers & Training → Current Openings
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.