||Enerflex - Canada - Alberta - Nisku
Nisku, Alberta, CA
|Region||Enerflex - Canada & Northern U.S.
|Date Posted||Jan 15, 2013
|Job Type||Permanent, Full Time
|Education Level||University - Bachelors, College - Technical Certificate, College - Diploma
The purpose of the Project Estimator includes, but is not limited to, preparing accurate mechanical estimates for both the domestic and international projects, in tight timeframes.
With a foundation of integrity, the candidate would use commitment and creativity to drive our organization forward.
- Produce estimates based on collected contractual data for: manufactured components (i.e. vessels, structural steel, pipe spooling), modular assemblies, and subcontracts.
- Prepare cost control documents, and maintain close liaison with project management, engineering, procurement, and production departments.
- Review incoming estimating packages prior to delegation within the Estimating department.
- Review completed estimates for accuracy and completeness before releasing them to other departments.
- Support the Lead Estimator in assessing, developing, and maintaining the estimating department methodology and tools.
- Support the Lead Estimator in continuously reviewing market / shop conditions, updating cost information, and re-forecasting trends as needed.
- Mentor and train junior employees as required.
- Liaison / coordination with both internal resources (P&P departments, sales, etc.) as well as external (i.e. clients, subvendors, etc) to develop relationships and encourage a “team” culture.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of quoting tools and procedures in order to improve the process and increase accuracy and success of proposals.
- Engineering Technology Diploma with 3 - 5 years estimating experience OR 5 - 7 years direct estimating experience
- Experience establishing industry best practices. Excellent understanding of estimating techniques and tools.
- Previous estimating experience in the oil and gas and / or process industries, with an emphasis on piping systems and modular assembly.
- General knowledge of shop fabrication procedures, welding and assembly processes, and industry codes and standards (i.e. ASME Section VIII, ASME B31.3,NDE, etc.).
- Ability to interpret P&ID’s, GA’s, detailed fabrication drawings, and specifications.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Versatile, reliable and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and computerized estimating tools.
What Enerflex Offers You:
- Competitive Compensation
- Employer Paid Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program
- Flex Days
- Incentive Programs
- Professional Development Opportunities
Interested: Please apply online at www.enerflex.com Careers & Training → Current Openings
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.