Enerflex is the single source supplier of integrated solutions specializing in the areas of oil and natural gas production, processing, and power generation equipment and services around the globe. With over 3,000 extraordinary people and operations in four regions around the globe, there is a world of opportunities awaiting you at Enerflex. We’ll match your skills and can-do attitude with a position that challenges you, rewards you for outstanding performance and lets you grow over a life-long career.
The purpose of the Project Manager role is to provide project guidance to the Project Team. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic collaborative team of professionals. The Project Manager conducts, oversees, and manages the engineering, design, and completion of both projects and proposals. The focus is on adherence to schedule and budget, while ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved and all project deliverables are met. This is a challenging opportunity for a skilled Project Manager who enjoys problem solving and taking a project from design through to production and commissioning.
- Identify, document and communicate the client requirements.
- Effectively manage multiple stakeholders.
- Build and maintain healthy client relationships throughout the project and post completion.
- Proactively resolve performance, scope, cost and schedule issues with stakeholders as they arise.
- Effectively manage projects, including delivery of the budget gross margin.
- Clearly defines scope.
- Compliance with requirements of the contract.
- Effective change control process applications.
- Manage and monitor project performance on an ongoing basis to identify issues and opportunities early and take pre-emptive action.
- Manage the planning of all scope elements of the project.
- Develop and monitor resources and financial requirements from the project plan.
- Manage the design, procurement and construction activities to meet the project schedule.
- Project Manage the project schedule.
- Routinely monitor the key reports and development of corrective actions plans.
- Timely and effective documentation turnover and project close-out.
- Plan and prepare accurate project estimates.
- Monitor and control all cost aspects of the project including forecasting costs, obtaining approvals, identifying trends, taking action to avoid cost overruns and identifying opportunities.
- Provide clear and focused leadership for the project team to create a vision for project success and a strategy to fit that vision while capitalizing on individual and group strengths.
- Focus team on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
- Set clear objectives for the Fabrication team.
- Where appropriate assume the project engineer responsibilities including review and approval of technical deliverables including P&IDs, equipment design, layouts, specifications, BOMs, buy-outs, etc.
- Effective communications with the project team
- Accurate, timely and effective progress reporting to the Client and internal stakeholders.
- Identify and monitor project risks and opportunities.
- Maintain the risk management focuses throughout the project duration.
- Set clear objectives for the design team.
- Ensure design team is aware of, and complying with Basis of Design and applicable regulations and codes.
- Monitor design activities, interdisciplinary data flow and communications.
- Must have basic knowledge of process design.
- Set clear objectives for the procurement and subcontracts team.
- Assess procurement process throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification, are delivered on time and are within budget.
- Monitor the Construction Management function to ensure safe delivery of the project within cost and schedule objectives.
- Basic understanding of gas processing equipment functions and overall plant operation is an asset.
- Must work constructively with others to achieve positive results. Act with integrity and honesty, accept constructive criticism well, and use recognition.
- Ability to communicate well with teammates and managers during project and tech service work required.
- Travel to site locations to verify scope and / or provide commissioning and start-up support as required.
- Five or more years of experience in the oil and gas industry (preferably in fabrication, operations and/or design).
- Mechanical or Chemical Engineer or Technologist from a recognized institution is preferred for this role.
- Working knowledge of amine sweetening, glycol dehydration, hydrocarbon recovery, hydrocarbon fractionation, and dew point control processes as well as related equipment are essential for success in this role.
- Strong design experience as well as a thorough knowledge of codes and safety legislation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work closely with all internal / external stakeholders.
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven project management skills and the ability to coordinate multifunctional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule and manage multiple work activities to meet client needs and expectations required. Must possess ability to manage a team within schedule and budget and delegate work out to team. Must have the ability to interact with a variety of experience levels and position types.
- EPC Project experience along with exposure to fabrication facilities is desired.
What Enerflex Offers You:
- Competitive Compensation
- Employer Paid Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program
- Incentive Programs
- Professional Development Opportunities
Interested: Please apply online at www.enerflex.com Careers & Training → Current Openings
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.