Operations Manager – Production and Processing, Nisku
Enerflex is the single source supplier of integrated solutions specializing in the areas of oil and natural gas production, processing, and power generation equipment and services around the globe. With over 3,000 extraordinary people and operations in four regions around the globe, there is a world of opportunities awaiting you at Enerflex. We’ll match your skills and can-do attitude with a position that challenges you, rewards you for outstanding performance and lets you grow over a life-long career.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager will be accountable for providing specific knowledge, management and leadership to a diverse team of technical specialists and tradesmen in the fabrication and construction of custom natural gas and oil processing packages. In addition the Operations Manager will demonstrate the proven ability to grow and lead a profitable production facility. Duties must be performed consistent with company mission and values and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Manage all of the departments under operations including production ( assembly, process pipe, vessels, structural, paint) scheduling, safety and quality
- Create a high performance team focused on quality assurance and continuous improvement, achieving short and long term business objectives
- Ensure execution of production plan by establishing priorities; scheduling processes, controlling progress, coordinating schedules with sales, engineering and procurement, resolving problems, and maintaining profitability and on-time delivery
- Coordinate employees to optimize the use of human and material resources and achieve goals. Consult with employees and review recommendations and reports such as those dealing with performance, maintenance etc.
- Maintain and improve facility by establishing standards (Lean and 5-S), leading and participating in safety program; providing for maintenance requirements
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with company policies, procedures, and legal requirements
- Lead, inspire and motivate operations team, work with Human Resources regarding staff performance, internal promotions, hiring, and dismissal of employees as required
- Keep department informed, involved, and up to date in areas of safety, employment laws, quality, applicable regulations and corporate policies and guidelines
- Establish and maintain Plant Performance Measurement System and monitor and analyze key performance indicators for all affected areas
- Timely completion of all required paperwork relating to operations and project performance.
- Maintain a positive work environment
- Previous experience in managing a diverse trade and technical workforce including labor and material scheduling, task assignment, workload allocation and reporting of labor and material costs
- Minimum 7 – 10 years experience in a supervisory role, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent understanding of operational issues
- Desire and ability to work in a high paced, ever changing environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making capabilities
- Knowledge of business fundamentals; ability to analyze complex financial/business analysis and reports
- Strong supervisory/team building skills, proven leadership qualities, and ability to motivate and develop team members
- Technical knowledge of gas processing and would be an asset
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to travel
What Enerflex Offers You:
- Competitive Compensation
- Employer Paid Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program
- Incentive Programs
- Professional Development Opportunities
Interested: Please apply online at www.enerflex.com Careers & Training → Current Openings
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.